Brain storming session/ Awareness programme:
- Organised Brain storming session on “Perspectives on Water Management in India and future directions” December 15, 2018 on the occasion of Foundation Day of NIH.
- Organised ‘Modellers Meet’ (Sep. 26-27, 2018) at New Delhi under NHP
- Coordinator for the talk on "From Drought Research to Decision-Making: Experiences from the UK (and beyond)" by Dr Jamie Hannaford, CEH, Wallingford, UK on May 1, 2018, in society room of NIH, Roorkee.
- Organized two days Exhibition on “The river Ganga: Iconic Water Machine” organized by Columbia Global Centre, Mumbai during April 25-26, 2018 at NIH Roorkee.
- Organized a one day Stakeholders Brainstorming Session on “Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) project on Tawi Catchment" on April 16, 2013 at WHRC, National Institute of Hydrology, Jammu.
- Management of ‘Financial and Administrative work flow’ March 13, 2013
- Organized the ‘RCC and Stakeholders’ Meeting for Pilot Basin Studies on Tawi River at WHRC, Jammu on 05/09/2012
- NIH_ReSyP – Reservoir Systems Package (Version 1)
- Software for Frequency Analysis
Remote Sensing & GIS lab
The applications of remote sensing and Geographic Information System (GIS) play a rapidly increasing role in the field of hydrology and water resources development. Space is the ideal vantage point from which to make primary observations through which plethora of useful information can be derived for input for the various hydrological studies. The division has a well-equipped remote sensing and GIS lab with popular image processing and GIS software.
For carrying out studies and research on various aspects of hydrology and water resources using remote sensing and GIS techniques, the Institute is having Remote Sensing and GIS Laboratory. Softwares available in the laboratory include: ArcGIS, ERDAS IMAGINE, ILWIS, ENVI, and R2V: Raster to Vector conversion software.
Peripherals in the laboratory include: A0 Colortrac Smart-f Image Scanner, A0 CALCOM Digitizer, Laser Colour Printer, A0 size Cannon Colour Plotter, etc.
Laboratory Capabilities for measurement / determination of:
Photo Gallery (10 good quality photographs related to 10 recent activities (jpeg format)
Name of Head: Dr. Sanjay Kr. Jain
Designation: Scientist-G & Head
Office Address: Room No.C-108, Lab Block, Jal Vigyan Bhawan, NIH, Roorkee
Email: Email: email@example.com